How to Make a Blind and Attended Transfer Using a Yealink T48G/T46
Created by: Sittner, Kristi
Modified on: Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 3:52 PM
In this example we will demonstrate how to perform a blind and attended (consultative) transfer using a Yealink T48. The procedure stands for Yealink T46.
Note: A Blind Transfer is a transfer to another extension without actually initiating a call to the end destination. The call is blindly transferred to the destination. By comparison, an attended transfer is a transfer where before actually transferring to the destination, the call is put on hold and another call is initiated to confirm whether the end destination actually wants to take the call or not. These two calls are then merged together.
Blind Transfer Method
- Press “Answer” on the touch screen to answer the call
- Press the “Transfer” button on the touch screen, enter the extension number of the person you would like to transfer the call to. Press “Transfer“.
- The the call has been transferred to the specified extension.
Attended Transfer Method
- Press “Answer” on the touch screen to answer the call.
- Put the caller on hold by pressing the “Hold” button on the touch screen.
- Press the “New Call” button to initiate a new call. Dial the extension number of the person you would like to transfer the call to. Press “Send“.
- The transfer recipient answers and accepts to take the call.
- Press the “Transfer” button on the touch screen and select the call that is on hold on the touch screen.
- The two calls are now merged.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.