Record audio and add it to a slide
- In the navigation pane, click the slide that you want to add sound to.
- On the Insert menu, point to Audio, and then select Record Audio.
The Record Sound dialog box opens.
- To start recording, click Record .
- When you are finished, click Stop .
- To listen to the sound that you just recorded, click Play .
- In the Name box, type a name for the sound, and then click Insert.
An audio icon appears on the slide.
Set the playback options
- On the slide, select the audio clip icon .
- On the PowerPoint ribbon, on the Playbacktab, do the following, as needed:
- Determine when the audio clip should start playing: In the Start list, select Automatically or When Clicked.
- To play an audio clip continuously until stopped (rather than just playing once), select Loop Until Stopped. (Used alone, this option means the looping sound lasts while the slide it resides on is being shown. When Loop Until Stopped is used in tandem with Play Across Slides, the looping sound continues throughout the presentation.)
- To play the audio clip as you click through the slides in your presentation, select Play Across Slides.
- Select Hide During Show if you want the audio icon to be invisible during Slide Show.
- On the slide, select the audio icon, and then click the Play/Pause button beneath the audio icon.
Hide the Audio icon
- Click the audio clip icon.
- On the PowerPoint ribbon, on the Playback tab, select the Hide During Show check box.
Important: Use this option only if you set the audio clip to play automatically. Note that the audio icon is always visible unless you drag it off the slide.